Freight Investor Services (FIS) is a leading global brokerage of freight and commodities. We are the world’s largest broker on dry freight futures, and have a strong presence across the bulk commodities, metals, and energy markets. We were the first brokerage to trade in the cleared market on iron ore and later coking coal futures, we also maintain a strong position in broking steel futures on all exchanges, as well as fuel oil, base metals, fertilisers, and tanker freight. We are proud of our innovative ethos, having been first mover on a number of products, most recently on the cobalt and air freight futures markets. Not only do we provide excellent brokerage services, but also data services, our App FIS Live, as well as education services to help those entering new markets.
We have expanded via our network of trading associates and branch offices to offer coverage of derivative and physical shipping markets in the UK, US, Dubai, India, Singapore and China. Through our global network, FIS offers full brokerage services, trade execution and in-depth market intelligence and data for freight and commodities, as well as providing physical ship and cargo services. Our expertise in managing credit and counterparty risk provides a vital competitive advantage while enabling clients to trade with confidence.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commodity Broker with proven and demonstrable experience as a Derivatives or Commodities Broker to join our global team. The role will be based in Copenhagen and is a mid-level role for a dynamic individual who has a passion for the financial markets. You will be personable, tenacious and a natural networker, having a proactive approach to generating leads and securing new business.
• Promote FIS as a company; providing market intelligence and analysis to clients
• Arrange trades via voice broking on and behalf of clients for execution at relevant exchange;
• Ensure all trades are executed on a non-advice / execution only basis
• Reconcile and enter trades in Trade Manager and/or relevant exchange as necessary
• Maintain and enhance existing client relationships, making regular contact and tracking daily trading activities
• Proactively solicit feedback from industry participants via trade calls, surveys, industry events, trade shows and conferences
• Produce a daily/weekly update of market prices, market direction for international desks
• On-board new clients following correct Compliance and Operations procedures
• Regularly assess client needs and financial conditions to identify internal cross-selling opportunities
• Understand the desk’s business strategy; identify and seize new business opportunities relating to trends, future markets, products and clients
• Perform any other reasonable duties the company may require
• Seek regular feedback from Desk Head to ensure role requirements are met
• Complete any mandatory training required by the company and required deadlines
• Maintain own Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Key competencies / skills
• Possess sound knowledge of Derivatives / Commodity products and markets; sound knowledge of derivatives/commodities as well as underlying markets and technical aspects of broking
• Strong client focus; personable and engaging building relationships and networks wherever possible
• Communicating effectively with clients and colleagues
• Tenacious and thrives in a pressurised environment
• Team oriented; works well with others and diverse groups / personalities
• Excellent attention to detail; strong analytical and numeracy skills
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.