Freight Investor Services (FIS) is a leading global brokerage of freight and commodities. We are the world’s largest broker on dry freight futures, and have a strong presence across the bulk commodities, metals, and energy markets. We were the first brokerage to trade in the cleared market on iron ore and later coking coal futures, we also maintain a strong position in broking steel futures on all exchanges, as well as fuel oil, base metals, fertilisers, and tanker freight. We are proud of our innovative ethos, having been first mover on a number of products, most recently on the cobalt and air freight futures markets. Not only do we provide excellent brokerage services, but also data services, our App FIS Live, as well as education services to help those entering new markets.
We have expanded via our network of trading associates and branch offices to offer coverage of derivative and physical shipping markets in the UK, US, Dubai, India, Singapore and China. Through our global network, FIS offers full brokerage services, trade execution and in-depth market intelligence and data for freight and commodities, as well as providing physical ship and cargo services. Our expertise in managing credit and counterparty risk provides a vital competitive advantage while enabling clients to trade with confidence.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Compliance Analyst to join a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-moving broking environment. The role sits within a small Compliance team, reporting to the Compliance manager. Candidates will demonstrate solid experience in AML / Compliance role or in an Onboarding & Reviews role in a Financial Broker services company.
- Manage and co-ordinate the on-boarding process seamlessly for the client from start to finish to ensure a smooth transition from onboarding client to active client;
- Communicate efficiently with the respective client and/or broker to gather all necessary information;
- Responsible for coordinating all KYC documentation request and adopting a right first time approach to avoid multiple queries;
- Responsible for ensuring all client documentation is handled and filed appropriately in line with our policies;
- Provide regular, timely progress updates to both the Compliance Manager and Brokers, in both written and verbal formats;
- Responsible for liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely resolution to issues that arise during the course of on-boarding;
- Perform AML/KYC due diligence client reviews on corporate clients with different legal structures and in various jurisdictions to ensure the firm’s AML & KYC requirements are met;
- Identify, review and disposition of all PEP’s, Sanctions and Adverse media at onboarding stage assessing the risks posed to the firm;
- Classify clients from a risk and regulatory perspective;
- Investigate and escalate all suspicious activity and financial crime (AML & Fraud) related issues with relevant proposals to protect the business;
- Conduct periodic reviews and refresh KYC documents of existing client in accordance with their risk banding;
- Effectively manage KYC inbox; ensuring all emails are responded to;
- Ensure that all queries are answered promptly and in full;
- Ensure that all processes are followed, and trackers are updated accurately;
- Maintain PEP, Sanctions and adverse media list;
- Monitor any material changes that may impact the risk status of client files.
- Perform any other reasonable duties the company may require.
KEY SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience of Client Onboarding (AML/KYC) gained within a Financial Broker Services environment, and understanding of the commodity markets in which we operate and lifecycle of a trade – essential
- Demonstrate knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies with emphasis on Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) and the Money Laundering Regulations (MLR) as well as MiFID II and FCA Regulation – essential;
- Experience of using approved KYC vendor sources e.g. Orbis, Companies House, and others
- Possess good knowledge of onboarding process from start to finish, such as KYC/client risk rating, suspicious activity reporting, client screening/sanctions requirements, and risk assessment – essential;
- Knowledge of High risk indicators and revision of complex structures and entity types including Trusts, Funds overseas jurisdictions (BVI, Channel Islands, Cayman Islands etc) – essential;
- Possess some knowledge of regulatory requirements in other jurisdictions ie Singapore – desirable;
- Educated to degree level in a related subject matter and/or related industry qualification (ICA, ACAMS) – desirable;
- Team Player – collaborative but also able to work independently with minimal supervision – essential;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills – essential;
- Strong work ethics, striving for the success of a small team – essential;
- Excellent attention to detail combined with inherent ability to prioritise work – essential;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working well with others and diverse groups / personalities – essential;
- Adaptable to change and willing to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive approach.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.