Freight Investor Services (FIS) is a leading global brokerage of freight and commodities. We are the world’s largest broker on dry freight futures, and have a strong presence across the bulk commodities, metals, and energy markets. We were the first brokerage to trade in the cleared market on iron ore and later coking coal futures, we also maintain a strong position in broking steel futures on all exchanges, as well as fuel oil, base metals, fertilisers, and tanker freight. We are proud of our innovative ethos, having been first mover on a number of products, most recently on the cobalt and air freight futures markets. Not only do we provide excellent brokerage services, but also data services, our App FIS Live, as well as education services to help those entering new markets.
We have expanded via our network of trading associates and branch offices to offer coverage of derivative and physical shipping markets in the UK, US, Dubai, India, Singapore and China. Through our global network, FIS offers full brokerage services, trade execution and in-depth market intelligence and data for freight and commodities, as well as providing physical ship and cargo services. Our expertise in managing credit and counterparty risk provides a vital competitive advantage while enabling clients to trade with confidence.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a junior project co-ordinator to join our global team, based in our Dubai office. This is an ideal opportunity for dynamic candidates with some previous project co-ordination experience to hone and develop their skills. Candidates will need to demonstrate previous experience in the Financial Services sector.
· Provide support and where required lead on various projects, co-ordinating documentation requirements and project plans, project proposals and timelines;
· Assess information and data flow in existing bespoke systems, suggest and creating efficiencies and improvements to core processes;
· Project manage the implementation of new processes co-ordinating with key stakeholders including IT and Management, as required;
· Help to progress project plans, monitoring progress against plans and co-ordinating project activities and resources;
· Provide regular project update reports as required;
· Perform any other reasonable duties the company may require.
• Seek regular feedback from line Manager
• Complete any mandatory training required by the company and required deadlines
• Maintain own Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Key competencies / skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively, managing expectations – essential
• Strong analytical and planning skills – essential
• Fluency in Written and Conversational English – essential
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a “roll up your sleeves, can do approach” – essential
• Proactive approach to work combined with excellent organizational skills – essential
• Demonstrate experience within a Financial Broker Services environment, and understanding of the commodity markets in which we operate and lifecycle of a trade – essential
• Adhere to strict governance and controls that are in place; suggest areas / processes for improvement – essential
• Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced environment – essential
• Strong client focus; personable and engaging, building relationships and networks – essential
• Tenacious and thrives in a pressurised environment – essential
• Team oriented; works well with others and diverse groups / personalities- essential
• Advanced Excel Skills – VBA Look up, Pivot Tables etc
• Excellent attention to detail; strong analytical and numeracy skills – essential
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.